This is just a collection of April Fools jokes people found on the net.
Web based April Fools jokes :
- http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2008/04/announcing-project-virgle.html – Google and Virgin setting up a base on Mars
- http://a.viary.com/blog/posts/dodo-web-based-time-machine — A web based app to age, and de-age people and images.
- http://www.thinkgeek.com/index.shtml – Some crazy inventions, like a USB pregnancy testing kit, Super pii pii borthers game, Labyrinth lock, Betamax to HD-DVD converter, the ZapCam – YouTube Tazer, and an awesome personal Soundtrack T-shirt.
- http://whirlpool.net.au/article.cfm/1784 – NineMSN acquires Whirlpool.net.au (Forum about Australian ISP’s).
- http://www.collegehumor.com/ – Links to what looks like a MySpace page with a post about the teenage girls father buying the site for her.
- http://www.google.com.au/intl/en/gday/index.html – Be able to search the Internet that will be in 24 hours time.
- http://mail.google.com/mail/help/customtime/index.html – Gmail custom time, allowing you to send emails into the past.
- http://www.pizzahut.com/ – Pizza hut turning into Pasta Hut.
- http://tasvideos.org/ – automatic text reading application for the blind to better enjoy the site… a site devoted to watching people play video games really fast.
- http://blog.wired.com/wiredscience/2008/03/top-10-creation.html – Top 10 creationist discoveries of all time (such as T. rex ate coconuts, NASCAR is the official sport of the spiritually enlightened)
- http://www.techcrunch.com/2008/03/31/why-were-suing-facebook-for-25-million-in-statutory-damages/ – Tech Crunch is suing Facebok for $25mill.
- Some comics changed about like http://www.xkcd.com/ goes to questionable content. which goes to Dinosaur comics which directs back to xkcd.
Other suggestions for your cubical dwellers next year :
- Set someone’s system font to Wingdings, or some other unreadable font.
- If someone leaves their keys or swipe card behind, freeze them in a mug of water.
- Some video card drivers (such as the Intel ones) lets you display the computer screen upside down, and are hot keyed.
- On a mac, the little known keyboard shortcut ctrl+option+apple+8 inverts all the colours.
Personally I’d have liked to setup the Upside-down-Ternet.