This is just a collection of April Fools jokes people found on the net.
Web based April Fools jokes :
- http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2008/04/announcing-project-virgle.html – Google and Virgin setting up a base on Mars
- http://a.viary.com/blog/posts/dodo-web-based-time-machine — A web based app to age, and de-age people and images.
- http://www.thinkgeek.com/index.shtml – Some crazy inventions, like a USB pregnancy testing kit, Super pii pii borthers game, Labyrinth lock, Betamax to HD-DVD converter, the ZapCam – YouTube Tazer, and an awesome personal Soundtrack T-shirt.
- http://whirlpool.net.au/article.cfm/1784 – NineMSN acquires Whirlpool.net.au (Forum about Australian ISP’s).
- http://www.collegehumor.com/ – Links to what looks like a MySpace page with a post about the teenage girls father buying the site for her.
- http://www.google.com.au/intl/en/gday/index.html – Be able to search the Internet that will be in 24 hours time.
- http://mail.google.com/mail/help/customtime/index.html – Gmail custom time, allowing you to send emails into the past.
- http://www.pizzahut.com/ – Pizza hut turning into Pasta Hut.
- http://tasvideos.org/ – automatic text reading application for the blind to better enjoy the site… a site devoted to watching people play video games really fast.
- http://blog.wired.com/wiredscience/2008/03/top-10-creation.html – Top 10 creationist discoveries of all time (such as T. rex ate coconuts, NASCAR is the official sport of the spiritually enlightened)
- http://www.techcrunch.com/2008/03/31/why-were-suing-facebook-for-25-million-in-statutory-damages/ – Tech Crunch is suing Facebok for $25mill.
- Some comics changed about like http://www.xkcd.com/ goes to questionable content. which goes to Dinosaur comics which directs back to xkcd.
Other things were You Tube Australia was Rick Rolling everyone, and so did LiveJournal.
Some people did things like setup a see through monitor, or use the good old BlueScreen saver.
Other suggestions for your cubical dwellers next year :
- Set someone’s system font to Wingdings, or some other unreadable font.
- If someone leaves their keys or swipe card behind, freeze them in a mug of water.
- Some video card drivers (such as the Intel ones) lets you display the computer screen upside down, and are hot keyed.
- On a mac, the little known keyboard shortcut ctrl+option+apple+8 inverts all the colours.
Personally I’d have liked to setup the Upside-down-Ternet.