Posted by Michael Kubler on February 18, 2012
In the theme of openness and transparency and just generally updating my blog :
- I’m currently working 9-5 at the Adelaide Festival and the very busy Festival period is starting.
- I’m developing a web platform for an education startup called Teacher Time.
- I’m the founder of the South Australian Zeitgeist Movement chapter and would like more time to help organise ZDay and work on a presentation for it (but send an amazing amount of thanks to Kari and David for doing most of the work so far!)
- I’m an active member of Occupy Adelaide and pretty much run the website.
- I have recently started helping the Climate Emergency Action Network of South Australia (CLEANSA) run a campaign to convert some coal fired power stations to Concentrating Solar Thermal, which would be the first installed in Australia. An amazing opportunity. I’ll also need to help fix their website.
- I occasionally do photography and a little film work for a local non-profit news media outfit called Our World Today which is helping re-define journalism.
- As such I’m pretty much running at 108% capacity, at least until the 18th of March.
- I’m also in about $9,500 Credit Card debt as I tried getting Films on the Fly off the ground last year and went to Sydney for about 10 weeks. Unfortunately I’m a social programmer, I need to bounce ideas off people and by the time I built the networks which could help me I ended up running out of money (hence the debt).
- I worked at 2moro mobile when I got back to Adelaide. Was doing web development and Linux system admin, but they unexpectedly got liquidated and I lost $4k in wages I was owed.
- My general aim for the future is to get out of debt, and when there is enough traction with Teacher Time (and hopefully some investment), go work full time with Michael Imsteph, Jesse Black, Silvio and the others on a full time basis to help scale the service up and out and add new features and pivot and everything else required.